Sunday 25 August 2013

Drag you back to the 80's

Hey girls!
Something a little different for you today, and when i say different i mean not beauty or fashion related (so if that's all you want to read about i would turn away now). 
Now if any of you read my post's regularly then you may remember me mentioning a few posts back that I'm going to college this year to do a course in drama- saying that, i actually have my induction day tomorrow, so wish me luck! 
Anyway, i was in a show this past week and i thought i would share the experience with you all.

The show i was in was called 'Back to the 80's' and its a fun loving musical set in an American high school in the 80's, it follows the lives of some kids during their last year at school. It has so many classic 80's songs in it and was such a joy to be in! I literally cannot stop singing 80's music.

I have been doing musical theatre for many years now and i really really love it.The drama group that i am with is like a family to me and we all get on so well, if it hadn't been for all the people i had met threw the company i don't think i would be where i am today. 

Cue backstage banter:





I have been lucky enough to meet people who are not just amazing at what they do, but also are amazing friends to me, despite us all being a mixture of ages (me being one of the youngest) we are all so close and work so well together.

I had such an amazing time preforming this show, as i do every year, and cant wait to be on the stage again! 

Doing theatre has changed me so much as a person and when i compare myself to how i was when i was younger (a very shy child with little self confidence), i can really see how much drama has improved me. It is an amazing world to be in, and i hope that one day i will be getting payed to do it for a living, but until then...

Thanks for reading
I know this is something that not a lot of you will care to read about, but i do like to keep you up to date on my life and share any photos i can with you all.

 Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment